Thursday, February 11, 2010

Leadership Textiles

At Leadership, Stampin' Up! had several women make different things using the Big Shot, different dies that we sell and fabric. What these women came up with just blew my mind! I'm NOT a sewer but I can and do appreciate the finished product. My idea of sewing is a handful of pillows for my sofa, mending a seam, fixing a button or Halloween costumes. These women did a FANTASTIC job of putting these works of art together. I'm sharing a couple of pictures from that booth.













The first picture has a banner that I just love. I want to make one of these for may family. We have a wall in our dining room that we have hung many of my children's art projects up. I think it would look neat to have "Zarling" hanging over them. Now I need to find the right fabric for the job. I also like the quilt on the top of this photo. Having all girls in my house (other than my hubby), pink is a favorite.
The second photo is another quilt done with the Pennant die but they are butted up against each other. I think this layout is very unique and fun!


The star is my all time favorite. I love Americana stuff and this quilt just screams my name. This is using the 5 point star die.
The last quilt is really cool too. I like that is uses the inside of the oval frame die to create a flower. Again all the pinks are wonderful and very striking with the black and white border.
I have several other pictures that I would be willing to share with you if you are interested in seeing what else can be done using the Big Shot and the dies. The dies will cut 8 layers of fabric if they don't have any fold lines in them. They will cut 3 layers if they have the fold lines in them. I have tried it out and am amazed at how easy it works! Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Shelley

No comments: