Monday, March 1, 2010

February Mighty Stampers


Mighty stampers is technique class that I teach at Epiphany Lutheran Church in Racine, WI every month. We learn 5 techniques and make 3 cards using those techniques. That can be a real challenge to incorporate them together! My oldest daughter, Abi, helps me pick out stamp sets that I should use. She has a great habit of picking stamps that I forgot that I have or just haven't used in a while.

This first card is using the techniques of polished wrinkles and embossing folder highlights. Both techniques are pretty easy and my ladies loved the way this card turned out.

Stamps: Cheers to You
Ink: Old Olive, Summer Sun, Night of Navy, White, Basic Black
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Kraft, Old Olive
Accessories: Old Olive ribbon, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, aqua-painter, Big Shot, Perfect polka dot embossing folder, sponge, rubbing alcohol, gold re-inker, cotton ball, dimensionals

This card uses geometric overlay. This was a challenge for me. I haven't used this stamp set very much. I purchased it because I had lots of ideas and then ran out of time to complete them. When Abi gave it to me I almost cringed. I think it turned out pretty cool for being intimidated at first. I'm not sure you can see it but I stamped the dominoes on the black cardstock with black ink.

Stamps: Game Night
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, So Saffron, Black StazOn
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red
Accessories: Window Sheet, Metallic eyelets, crop-a-dile, Black gingham ribbon

The last card that we made is my favorite. We used shimmer mist and masked frames to create this beauty. I know that I'm a little bias toward this one as I have 4 beautiful daughters and no sons (I keep telling my husband that the boys are coming and then he's NOT going to like them but he still wants a son!) so pink princesses are all the rage in my house! The card is quite sparkly but it's hard to see in this photo.

Stamps: Princess Time
Ink: Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black
Cardstock: Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Spray bottle, alcohol, white shimmer paint, circle scissors, black gingham ribbon, stipple brush, two-way glue, Dazzling Diamonds

Thanks for looking and keep stampin'!

Shelley

4 comments:

HeathersHobby said...

Sounds like a super fun class! Thanks for sharing your cards - my favorite is the princess one too!

Jen Timko said...

I love the "Cheers" card! What a challenge fitting all the techniques together. Super job!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Great cards and techniques! I can barely squeeze in one creative technique each month and you have five. Maybe I need to come to your technique class for more ideas. :)

Yapha said...

Great cards! Love the Cheers to You and the masking on the Princess card is great!