Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christ is Born!

I made this card just for the fun of stamping! I don't get a lot of time just to stamp. This one just came to me! The only problem is that I didn't have any Cherry Cobbler ribbon so I had to die my own. I used the whiet organza and Cherry Cobbler reinker with a little water and got the ribbon the color that I needed it. The "Christ is Born" is embossed on vellum.

Stamps: Christ is Born
Cardstock: Natural White, Vellum
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark
Accessories: Organza ribbon, gold embossing powder, Always Artichoke
 marker, Cherry Cobbler reinker, Crop-a-dile

Sometimes, when I think something it doesn't always work out on paper. I'm thrilled with this one! It turned out exactly the way I had it pictured in my head! Love that!

Happy Stampin'!
Shelley

5 comments:

Yapha said...

Great card! That ribbon is just the perfect touch!

Cindy said...

That is so pretty. I like the way the vellum softens the poinsettias underneath, and the ribbon is perfect!

Heidi Baks said...

Very elegant!

Adriana Benitez said...

Oh, cool! So neat to see the altered ribbon - tfs!

Jen Timko said...

This is just beautiful!!! The embossing and the ribbon really make this over-the-top gorgeous!