Monday, September 19, 2011

Sympathy

Here's another card that I made for my club in August. I was in need of a sympathy card and I know that these are usually needed right away. You don't always know when you will need one so my club members were happy to have one in their stash of cards ready to go.

The So Saffron was stamped using clear block C. I inked up the block without a stamp and then stamped the block on Whisper White cardstock. I like the looks of this technique! The flower was stamped on Pool Party with Not Quite Navy ink and then I used an aquapainter to pull some of the ink into the flower. After it dried I fussy cut it out.

Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: So Saffron, Pool Party, Not Quite Navy
 Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, So Saffron, Whisper White
Accessories: Block C, Scallop Trim border punch, Finial Press embossing folder, sponge, dimensional

Happy Stampin'!
Shelley

7 comments:

Yapha said...

So pretty! I love how you stamped the block on there! Nice cutting, too!

Anonymous said...

I love the inked acrylic block technique. It accents the stamped image beautifully!

Paula said...

Beautiful Shelley!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the double blocks and fussy cutting. You are right, sympathy cards in the stash is a must! One of my groups just made one!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty images and colors to use for the occasion. TFS

Heidi Baks said...

I love this simple flower design!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card!