Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spider Candy Wrapper

Here's another one of the treats that we made at my Halloween Treat class. I have had this die, Candy Wrapper, for a year and this was the first time that I used it! I know, bad, bad, bad!! I was intimidated by this die but now that I've used it, I'm looking forward to creating more of these fun wrappers! This is also my first lollie! I'm LOVING my Simply Scored!





Stamps: Kidoodles
Ink: Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Accessories: Candy Wrapper die, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Neutrals DSP, Simply Scored, aquapainter

I have to show off my girls from Halloween! This first picture is of my oldest two, Abigail (14) and Miriam (12). Miriam is dressed as a bunny and Abi is Sleeping Beauty! They went out on Sunday with some friends in a neighboring area because Miriam had basketball practice on Monday night during Trick or Treating!


Then on Halloween, my youngest two went out trick or treating and Abi walked along so she had to dress up again! So here's a picture of Abi as a leprechaun, Lydia (8) as a doctor and Belle (5) as an owl. I made the owl costume which was a feat for me as I don't sew and all those feathers are sewn on to the sweatshirt! I love the way the hat turned out. The largest part of the eyes is a metal scrubber for dishes!

Aren't they so cute? Time sure does go by fast! Seems like yesterday I was taking Abi trick or treating and she was only 6 months old! She was Piglet that year and we went to 5 houses just for the fun of it! These girls came home with a paper grocery bag FULL of candy! UGH! Now to hide it so I don't eat it!

Happy Stampin'!
Shelley

6 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

Love the candy wrapper, but the girls steal the show! Awesome job on that owl costume!!!

Paula said...

I love that die and I can't believe how long you had it and didn't show it any love. ;) But Tanya is right, your cute girls steal the show! Love the Owl costume you made. That hat is so darling!

Yapha said...

Super cute candy wrapper -- that spider is great! And what fun Halloween costumes! They all looked great! Fabulous owl!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

The girls are just too cute!! I cracked up about the die. Very cute project!

Heidi Baks said...

Congrats on your firsts! :) He is very cute!

Mickey Roberts said...

The owl costume is adorable! Cute way to decorate the treat wrapper.