Friday, June 8, 2018

Inky Friends Blog Hop: Fabulous at 30 New Annual Catalog: Rooted in Nature


Welcome! I hope you are enjoying the New Annual Catalog blog hop that my friends and I have put together for you! Stampin' Up! is celebrating their 30th year! How awesome is that?!?


We are focusing on the new stamps in the new catalog. If you are hopping in order you just came from Stamps & Scraps with Yapha. She used a new background stamp called Handwritten. I love her birthday card! You could be going through the hop backwards, in which case you just came from Tinkerin' In Ink with Tanya where she used the Tropical Chic stamp set. Aren't her projects fabulous?  Either way, it doesn't matter. We are all linked together so you can see all the wonderful projects using some of the new stamp sets!

The new stamp sets in the catalog are amazing! I had a hard time picking one set to focus on. I decided to go with Rooted in Nature. It's a pretty amazing set that focuses on nature (well, thanks for that Captain Obvious!). Abi was over helping me pick out colors. She always challenges me! I love her color choices but sometimes they wouldn't be what I pick out for a set. Take this first card for example!


I made it work but oh, how I struggled! The leaves all have Wink of Stella on them. The shimmer in real life.

This next card wasn't as much of a challenge even though the colors are even brighter.  I used the large tree stump stamp as a background, stamping it several times.


My last card was the first one I made when I sat down to create. I sponged the sunset with Mint Macaroon, So Saffron and Rich Razzleberry. After I stamped and cut the tree, I sponged So Saffron on it so the white wasn't so stark and that it would blend into my sunset better.


And last but not least is my set of scrapbook pages. I need to get a better picture of them! I will do that and share it with you on Monday. I will also have close ups of these two pages on Monday.


Now you are off to check out Tanya's or Yapha's creations! Enjoy the rest of the hop!

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png


Product List

8 comments:

Kris Kilkenny said...

The Garden Trellis embossing folder is so pretty with the leaves against it. I love your color combo (Mint Macaroon, So Saffron and Rich Razzleberry) on the sunset on your last card. Just beautiful! And all of the little trees on your scrapbook page are adorable. I can't wait to see that up close.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Abi certainly does challenge you. Pink and that set would never occur to me! I adore the second card--such a great color combo and layout--beautiful.

Tanya Boser said...

Challenged, but far from defeated!! You pulled that off quite nicely :)
All of these projects are lovely!

Yapha Mason said...

Great projects!! I love how you used the tree ring stamp!!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful projects! I love the brown color combo with pop of green and blue best. The sponged sunset is always a crowd-pleaser!

Staci said...

Great use of colors! I love your "sunset" blending.

Cindy said...

Wow, Shelley, three cards and a scrapbook layout?! Love them all, but that last card with the sunset just makes me swoon. 😊

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

I love your creations Shelley! The scrapbook pages are fantastic and the vividness of the second card is beautiful!! Fantastic job!