Monday, May 6, 2019

Pick a Pennant


I received this set, Pick a Pennant,  as a freebie from OnStage (a Stampin' Up! one day convention for demonstrators) last April. I wasn't real excited about it but thought it was cute non the less. Because of my lack of excitement, I didn't use this set until it reached the retirement list. I figured it deserved to at least see some ink! I kind of wish I would have picked it up sooner. I'm going to do better at that this next catalog year!

Anywho, on to the cards. This set has two pennant stamps, the alphabet, some pennant fillers and some fun characters. I used the pennants and the fillers on this card to create a feel of the banners swaying. I used Sheet Music, which is also retiring, background stamp for the background. I thought it might help you think of the "Happy Birthday" song. This card would qualify for #simplestamping except for the ribbon, which could be left off.


I used the triangle pennants and the star for the background on this card. The sentiment comes from Another Wonderful Year. I added some bling to this card with some rhinestones. Without the rhinestones, it would be #simplestamping!


I wanted to show how this set could be used without the pennants, so I used some of the filler characters. The background DSP (Designer Series Paper) is from Botanical Butterfly DSP, which was a freebie from Sale-a-bration this year.


Do you have a set or two or three that you struggle to create with? I suggest that you just pull it out and play! You might find that you enjoy the set more than you thought.

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

Card 2:


Product List

Card 3:


Product List

No comments: