Sunday, November 28, 2010

Halloween Christmas?

Here's another Stampin' Addicts' challenge card! I really had LOTS of fun using the challenges to create cards. I pulled up the sketch challenges on my computer. I had the color challenges written in my creative notebook. I also had my Christmas stamp sets on my table. I started with the most current challenges at the time and went to work. This one is for Sketch Challenge 72 and Color Challenge 72 which was meant to be Halloween colors! While I will admit that I wasn't sure I could pull this one off, I LOVE IT! I did a couple of vendor fairs and this card was the most commented on by far! I think the layout and colors really grabbed everyone's attention. It's just unusual for Christmas. Not sure if  you can tell, but there is glitter on the stars in the tree.

Stamps: Snow Swirled
Cardstock: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Big Shot, Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder, sponge, 2-way glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, finger daubers, Scallop edge punch

Now it's your turn! Go check out the challenges and see what you can do with them! I can't wait until I have another day that I can play!
Happy Stampin'!
Shelley

4 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card!! You pulled it off beautifully!

Heidi Baks said...

It definitely works!

Anonymous said...

Okay Shelley, it's official: you are just too cool! Love your HalloXmas card. . . .

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I do like it! Those colors do make a great xmas card!