Thursday, December 23, 2010

One Sketch, Three Cards

Well I had some time earlier this month to play with a sketch challenge at Stampin' Addicts! Paula is very creative with the challenges and I love to play along! Here is her design:


This sketch came from our FABULOUS Idea Book and Catalog, page 69 to be exact! I loved this sketch from the moment that I saw it! I had several ideas come rushing to my brain and I just had to stamp them out. I will admit that I did rotate the sketch but other than that, I stayed pretty much with what we were given!
Here's my first card!


 Stamps: Big on Christmas
Card stock: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and So Saffron markers, Top Note die, 2-way glue,
 Dazzling Diamonds, Very Vanilla satin ribbon, Jolly  Holiday DSP, dimensionals

I did stamp the tree on Old Olive cardstock and cut it out. I'm not sure if you can see but there is Dazzling Diamonds on the star on the top of the tree. Isn't it pretty?

Well, here's another card! The top note is a little bigger and the sketch is rotated but still the same sketch! On this one, I stamped the ornament on Very Vanilla card stock and colored with markers and Platinum shimmer paint.

Stamps: Big on Christmas
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, and Early Espresso markers, Jolly Holiday DSP, Platinum shimmer paint, aquapainter, Top Note die, Very Vanilla satin ribbon, dimensionals

Now for my favorite card! When I first saw the sketch, this is what I had come to mind right away. I have to admit that my hubby wasn't too happy with me because supper was a little late that day! Oh well, I got my card made and everyone ate! All works for me!

Stamps: Come to Bethlehem
Ink: Old Olive
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Jolly Holiday DSP, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder,
Champange shimmer mist, finger dauber, Top Note die

Now you need to check out some challenges and create your own fun cards! I pray that you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Happy Stampin'!
Shelley

4 comments:

Yapha said...

Great cards, great use of the sketch!! I really like the first one.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great cards!!! Will have to remember that sketch-love the look!!

Heidi Baks said...

The quilt card is my favorite too! I love showcasing all our great patterns.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Awesome use of one sketch! Brilliant love them all! Thanks for playing along in the sketch challenge!