Saturday, December 30, 2017

My Inky Friends Design Challenge #1

No automatic alt text available.

My Inky Friends are at it again! This time with a monthly challenge to be inspired by the samples in the catalog! What a fabulous idea! I know that I have taken many sketches and color combos from the catalog over the years. The catalog is such an inspiration that I think we take it for granted. Welcome to a challenge that will help you use the catalog for inspiration!

Well, I didn't get into my stamp room in time to be part of the design team but I am playing alone anyway! The first challenge was inspired by page 61 of the Annual catalog. Here is the sketch.


Here is my creation! What do you think?


Hope you play along with the challenges. They will be every 4th Friday of the month and you can find them HERE.

Here are our Challenge Rules:
1. Create something new that hasn't been posted before.
2. Follow the general design of a sketch, although it can be flipped. For a color challenge, Stampin' Up! colors are listed. You can use compatible colors and add black or white as needed.
3. Post your creation on your blog or online gallery, please provide a link back to our challenge. Provide a direct link to your project or post to the Linky. Please use MIFDC1 when posting to a gallery.
4. Feel free to combine with up to three challenges, as long a you include a link to the Inky Friends post.
5. Have fun!

Hope to see your creations too!
Happy Stampin'!

 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png

Supplies:

Product List

6 comments:

KilkennyVFX said...

This is so cute! I pinned it! I love your flower embellishment and the DSP layers. Great take on the sketch!

Yapha said...

Great card, Shelley! That stamp set is perfect for the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Friends!

Cindy said...

Shelley, this is perfection! Glad you could join the challenge!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Thanks for joining and promoting the challenge. I love the colors on your card and the large sentiment works well with the sketch. I love it!

Holly/Rubberredneck said...

Great card Shelly! It's gorgeous thanks for playing along with the challenge :)

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Adorable card Shelley! Love your flip of the sketch and your choices for embellishment too!