Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lovely as a Tree Christmas

Neglected  blog again! I'm trying to get organized and keep up on my blog. Please bear with me while I try to figure out how to get everything done and organized!

This is a card that we created at my Christmas card class in December. I know that we are pass Christmas but you still need inspiration for your cards for next year that you are going to be creating all year long, right? This card is pretty simple to create and it's flat so there's no chance of having to pay extra postage on it! Yeah! To make the oval area I die cut copy paper with oval frame die and then I taped the scallop frame back onto my copy paper so that I had just this oval opening. I sponged Wisteria Wonder in the opening and then stamped the trees with Concord Crush that was stamped off once first. Then I removed the mask and stamped the pine tree with Concord Crush full strength. I did put glitter on the pine tree but you really can't see it in the picture.

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Four the Holidays
Cardstock: Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush
Accessories: Scallop oval frame die, Ticket corner punch, sponges, 2-way glue, Dazzling Diamonds

I have some more Christmas cards that I'm going to be showing over the next few days, as well as some new mini stuff! I'm loving ALL the accessories that are in the Occasions mini! Haven't seen it? You can go to my website HERE and see it or contact me and I'll get you a mini catalog!

Happy Stampin'!
 Shelley

8 comments:

Yapha said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The reverse masking looks great, and those colors are fabulous!

Katherine said...

I love the color combination, especially the Concord Crush

Tanya Boser said...

Your masking is gorgeous! Very crisp and clean. Wisteria and Concord, wow! Perfect!

Mickey Roberts said...

A fun color combo! Such a pretty card and a great example of masking.

Carmen said...

Lovely! This is one of my favorite color combos!

Paula said...

Believe it or not, I don't own this stamp set. But this card is making me want it. Love it!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful CAS!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card!! I love this set so much.