Monday, January 2, 2012

Occasions Mini Blog Hop Follow Up

First, I need to apologize for being gone so long and not posting! Life just got really crazy and I couldn't do everything. My blog isn't the only thing that didn't get done this last month!

Here's the first card from the blog hop. It has Melon scented embossing powder and boy does it smell yummy! I did use this card as a swap too.

Stamps: Mouthwatering, Short & Sweet
Ink: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, VersaMark
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Accessories: Perfect Polka dots embossing folder, Melon scented embossing powder, Early
Espresso marker, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, Perfect Plum DSP, 1 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals

This card uses the new DSP from the Occasions mini called  Sweet Shop. Not a real difficult card but cute non the less! I really love the ruffled ribbon!

Stamps: Mouthwatering, Short & Sweet
Ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Accessories: Perfect Polka dot embossing folder, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Modern label punch, Word Window punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, mini brads, Scallop border punch, Sweet Shop DSP, sponge, dimensionals

I think this is my favorite card of this bunch! I was so happy with the way this turned out. I used the Stripes embossing folder to make the gingham background. I cut a piece of cardstock to 4 1/4" square. I brayered Old Olive ink on the embossing folder and placed the cardstock in the folder and ran it through the Big Shot. I took the cardstock out of the folder and re-brayered the folder with ink again. I placed the cardstock in the folder again so the stripes were perpendicular to each other and ran it through the Big Shot again. I then cut the cardstock down to the sized that I needed for my card.
Stamps: Mouthwatering, Short & Sweet
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Stripes Embossing folder, Melon Mambo and Old Olive
markers, mini brads, Melon Mambo Scallop ribbon, dimensionals

And last but not least, the ice cream cone necklace! I got the most comments on this little gem of a project and it's so simple! I stamped the cone on Crumb Cake cardstock using craft inks. Then I cut the cone out of the cardstock and glued it down, cut it out again. Because the vanilla ice cream didn't show up well enough for me, I stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut it out. Now I know what you are thinking but Shelley, it will be backwards then! Ahh, my dear, I used some Dotto adhesive to place it on the vanilla cardstock again and cut it out again! The second one is the one that I glued to the cone. I punched a hole with the 1/16" handheld punch and covered the whole thing with Crystal Effects. Once it dried, I turned it over and put more Crystal Effects on the back. Then I put a jump ring in the punched hole and put it on my chain. See, easy peasy!!

Stamps: Mouthwatering
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Craft Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Crystal Effects, 1/16" circle handheld punch, jump ring
I hope that you enjoyed the hop as much as I did! There were so many great projects and I know that my wish list has grown! I wish my pocket book would grow as fast as my wish list does!!!

Happy Stampin'!
Shelley

7 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

I love the same card you love! I was thinking maybe shrink plastic for the cone necklace, but Crystal Effects to the rescue! Thanks for the follow up.

Yapha said...

THe gingham one is my favorite too. :) Thanks for all of the details. These are fabulous!

Katherine said...

The gingham background is such a neat idea. I love getting many uses out of one Big Shot item! I think my favorite was the ice cream cone though. Do you think Stampin' Up! will come out with some smaller dies that fit around stamp sets? I sure hope so. That would save a lot of cutting time!

Tanya Boser said...

I agree, that gingham is fabulous! Makes me wish for summer already :)

Paula said...

Love the gingham. I'm going to have to try that with my technique group! And thanks for the necklace instructions. So cute!

Carmen said...

Wish I could smell that popsicle! Thanks for the info on the necklace!

Mickey Roberts said...

Love, love, love the gingham effect! Thanks so much for sharing how you did it. Gotta love those embossing folders!