Friday, July 13, 2018

Inky Friends Blog Hop: Carnival of Colors: Gorgeous Grape


Here we are again, time for a blog hop! I love creating for these hops. It's so much fun!



This month we are focusing on the new colors! The color revamp has made the color families so fresh in my opinion! I am loving the changes. There are a couple of colors I will miss but I look forward to using the new colors

If you are hopping in order you would have found me from Paper Conversation by Mickey where she focused on Coastal Cabana. I'm so glad that color has returned! You may be hopping backwards and came from Heart's Delight Cards by Cindy where she took a look at Granny Apple Green. This is going to be a favorite of mine, I can tell already!

 Either way, I'm glad you are here to see what I made with Gorgeous Grape! Purple has been my favorite color for a very long time. I'm thrilled that we now have a true purple color! WAHOO!!

I paired Gorgeous Grape with Lovely Lipstick and Daffodil Delight on my first card. It makes for a bright color combo but a fun one none the less. It reminds me of my wedding. We had purple and raspberry for our wedding colors.   


In this card I used Gorgeous Grape with Pineapple Punch and Lemon Lime Twist. I got this stamp set in April at OnStage and wasn't sure what to do with it. I know I wouldn't have bought it on my own so I have struggled with how to use it. I am going to have to challenge myself to use it again. I did add some Wink of Stella to the dragonfly and the water. It's really pretty in person.

 

On my last card, I used Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather and Blushing Bride. It's hard to tell from the picture but the flowers have been water-colored with Blushing Bride, Highland Heather and Pear Pizzazz.


I couldn't leave you without a scrapbook page! This is a simple layout but it packs a lot of punch! I used Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green with Gorgeous Grape on this layout. I'll share a bit more about this layout and close ups of the 2 pages on Monday.


Well, it's time to send you off to see how my Inky Friends used some of the other new colors! I hope you enjoy the hop! Don't be afraid to leave us comments! I know I love to hear what you think of my projects!

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png




Supplies:

Card 1:

Product List
Card 2:

Product List
Card 3:


Product List
Pages:

Product List

10 comments:

Kris Kilkenny said...

These are great! Georgous Grape sure goes with a LOT of colors. If I had to pic a favorite it would be your third hello friend card with all of the purple shades. I love your watercolored flowers. Lovely scrapbook page too. Nice!

Mickey Roberts said...

What great projects, Shelley! Love hove you showed the versatility of the color with a nice variety of styles.

Yapha Mason said...

Great cards, Shelley! You really show off the versatility of this fun color!

Stamp with Shar said...

WOW Shelley your cards are stunning 😍 love, love, love them 😍

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Such bright and fun uses of GORGEOUS GRAPE!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Gorgeous work with Gorgeous Grape!! Such great color combinations and what lively designs--LOVE them all!

Mary Haugen said...

Beautiful! I don't usually use a lot of purple, but I am loving Gorgeous Grape.

Betty said...

Lovely! I like how you have captured the many moods of purple here!

Cindy said...

Love how the Gorgeous Grape pops with then other colors! My fave is the last card - simply stunning!

Holly/Rubberredneck said...

Lovely projects and great job showcasing this color showing off all the different ones it'll work with. Love your scrapbook pages!