Monday, August 29, 2022

Let's Set Sail

Well, I have been missing again. This summer was way busier than I anticipated and something had to fall through the cracks. The blog was one of the many things that didn't get accomplished like I had hoped. School started this week and with a schedule I should be able to work on things in a timely manor again, at least I hope so! 

I played with Let's Set Sail and create these three cards. The firs one was created with Pool Party as the base and water color. The boat is Real Red, Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay. I kind of wish I would have sponged a bit more Night of Navy in the sky. It feels like a couple of smudges instead of intentional.


I LOVE the way this card turned out. The sunset was stamped with the "water" stamp using the colors Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie. I had die cut a circle from a piece of copy paper before hand. I used that circle as a mask so that the sunset would be in the circle form. The shimmer of the boat was made by using the markers on the stamp of the same colors. The words and birds were stamped with Night of Navy.


The colors used to create the background were Starry Sky and Tahitian Tide. The technique used for the background is called Aquawash. You can see the Facebook Live video I created HERE

To create the background get a plastic sandwich bag. Color the bag with your markers of choice. Spritz your watercolor paper with some water. Lay the paper onto the baggie. Scrunch the baggie around to move the color on the paper. Use as desired. 


With summer coming to a close for the year, the sailboat seemed to be fitting to share with you. I'm not ready to lose the heat and sunshine but the calendar says I don't have much chose!

If you would like to purchase the supplies for these cards or other items, please click on the pictures below to be taken to my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: