Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Prince & Princess

Did you notice this set in the last catalog? It was a hostess only set. I got it right away in May or June last year and then it sat on my shelf. I always figured I had all year to use it! Man, time sure does fly by once in a while! I always picked a different set to create with and this one collected dust. 

I did pull it before the catalog ran out but I didn't get to sharing my creations until now. The card base is Crumb Cake with Calypso Coral and a hint of Balmy Blue. I did put Wink of Stella on the swan. It's very shimmery and shiny in real life. 


Another fairly simple card. I stamped the rose all over the base card. The swan was stamped and "colored" with Wink of Stella. I did a bit of masking so that the pussy willows look like they are coming from behind the swan.


I used the blending brushes to put color down on a piece of Basic White cardstock. I used Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Granny Apple and Soft Seafoam. After the color was blended the way I wanted it, I spritzed the paper with some water. The water droplets left behind the white spots on the cardstock. I colored the frog with the same color blends and fussy cut him.


I did a technique on this card called magic water stamping. I don't think it's really magic but it sure is fun! I used my blending brushes again to put Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana, and Granny Apple Green onto a piece of Basic White cardstock. Once the colors are laid down and blended the way you want them, it's time to stamp. Mist a bit of water onto the image you are using and stamp it on the background paper you have created. Clean the stamp between stamps so that you don't muddy your colors. I like using a lined art image instead of a solid image for this technique. Allow to dry. You can see the Facebook Live video I made way back in March creating this card HERE. (Yep, I'm that far behind, again!)


I know is set is no longer available but you could use the layouts, color combinations, or techniques and use them with the stamps you do have. Have fun!

Many of the supplies used to create these cards can be purchased in my online store. You can find my store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:




Product List

No comments: