Monday, November 7, 2022

Dragonfly Garden

The fall is such a beautiful time of the year. The colors are changing and you never know what the next day will bring for weather either. We had a swarm of dragonflies in our backyard a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing to watch them fly around but I was very glad to have screens on our windows at the same time.

Dragonfly Garden is an awesome set. I love to play with it when I get the time. I stamped the coneflower several times before re-inking on this card. I also distressed the edges of the Basic White layer. 


Stamping or embossing with white on Crumb Cake gives a great vintage feel to the card. Here I added some detail to the flowers with my Rich Razzleberry watercolor pencil and the white to the wings of the dragonfly.


These next 4 cards are made in pairs. They are using the floating strips technique. You start with a piece of window sheet or acetate cut to the size you would like on your project. Adhere strips of cardstock to the acetate with your adhesive. Make sure the adhesive is on the entire piece of cardstock. Fill the entire piece of window sheet. Use varying widths of cardstock. Then die cut the desired shape. On these cards I did a circle. Fill the back of the strips with dimensionals. If you have the strips, they work the best and fastest. Adhere to the card base. 


My Facebook Live video can be seen HERE if you would like to watch how I did this. 


I used the piece that I die cut out of for these 2 cards. I love how they turned out.


You can really see how the different widths of cardstock make this technique even more special.


What are you creating at the moment? Any techniques you are using? I'd love to hear about it.

The pictures below will take you to my online store by clicking on them so you can purchase the supplies to create your own cards. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

No comments: