Monday, October 19, 2020

Whale Done Paper

This adorable whale is just so stinkin' cute! The whole suite of Whale Done is delightful. I don't know if I have told you but I adore the sea. It is so relaxing and soothing for me. The Whale Done cast of characters help to create that sea relaxing feeling for me.

I embossed the Balmy Blue cardstock with the Seabed embossing folder. I layered a strip of the designer series paper that is part of this suite (this is on sale this month!) with a piece of Whisper White. Behind the punched is a circle of velum. I wanted the whale to stand out a bit but I didn't want to cover up that pretty paper too much. The whale was punched with Pacific Point, Balmy Blue, Whisper White and Basic Black. When I am punching several colors, I use my scraps of the color and angle them into the punch over the space that I want that color. I did stamp on the top of the whale to add some texture to his back.


That Seabed embossing is so detailed. It looks so real! I stamped this whale in Granny Apple Green. I wanted a different look. I have to admit that I stamped him a couple of times before I punched him out. I didn't think he was stamping well and it turned out to be the way the stamp is made. There is some distinguishing marks on him. Isn't that great!?


This one was a ton of fun to create. I used the designer series paper to help create this scene. The card base is Pool Party. I adhered a piece of the pattern paper (designer series paper in Stampin' Up! terms). I cut an oval from the Whisper White layer and adhered that to the card base using dimensionals so that they were not laying right on top of each other. This helped create depth the the scene. The seaweed and turtle were fussy cut.


Have you found the sea with me? I would be willing to go find the real sea if anyone is up for a road trip or an airline trip!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: