Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Berry Blessings

I made sunburst cards with the Berry Blessings bundle, which is no longer available because it was a Sale-a-bration freebie. I loved how the papers coordinated with each other so beautifully. The coordination really made these sunburst cards pop.


The brightness of Pacific Point is so eye catching in this paper.  It's such a fun color that I don't utilize nearly enough. 

To make the sunburst pattern, you need to start with 4" x 1-1/2" strips of your pattern papers. I used just two patterns in mine but you could use 4 or even 8 different patterns. Once you have these strips, you need to cut them on the diagonal. I then laid out the triangles in the pattern that I want. This step is more important if you are using more than 2 patterns.


Then I cut a piece of Basic White to 5" x 2-3/4". I marked the middle of this piece and then lined up my pattern papers in the center on that line. I continued to adhere the paper until I got to the edge of the cardstock. I then flipped the cardstock over and cut off the edges of the designer series paper so that it matched up with the white base.


You can then use your sunburst in any direction  you would like to. You can see from my examples that it really does look nice any way you use it.


I used a layer of cardstock cut at 4" x 5-1/4" and a strip cut at 1/2" x 5-1/4". I then added punched or die cut shapes with stamping added, a bit of ribbon and some embellishments and each one is just as marvelous as the other ones!


If you would prefer to watch a video of the sunburst being made, I did a Facebook Live not too long ago creating the blueberry card. You can watch that HERE.

I know you can't get this paper any longer but any paper you have, including cardstock, would make fantastic sunburst cards. Don't be afraid to try this fabulous technique!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:

Card 2:



Product List

No comments: