Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Campology

I really like this stamp set. I keep coming back to it to play with while other sets go un-inked! I need to fix that but for now I was playing with Campology again!

I stamped the tent on Basic White with Memento ink and color it with light Crumb Cake and Old Olive blends. I fussy cut it to add to the scene that I stamped. I used a blending brush to add a bit of Balmy Blue to the sky. 


I've been playing with techniques and this one is an oldie but goodie! It's called faux Metal. I started with a piece of Basic White cardstock. I inked up the whole piece with VersaMark ink and sprinkled it with silver embossing folder. I then heat set it. I repeated this 4 times so that I had a thick layer of embossing powder on the card. I inked up my stamp with VersaMark ink and stamped it into the hot embossing powder. You want to make sure to ink up the stamp before you stamp it so that the embossing powder won't stick to it. Allow the stamp to stay in the embossing powder for a few moments. Remove stamp and use as desired. HERE is my Facebook Live video making this card.


I talked to you on Monday about the retiform technique. It is not a favorite of mine as I find it too busy most of the time. I will admit that I made 3 cards using this technique and they didn't turn out as bad as I was afraid they might! It's still not a favorite technique of mine. I will have to play with it again. Maybe I can change my mind!

To create this card, I used post it notes to cover areas of the cardstock. I used a blending brush to put some color in the area and stamped the image too. Then I shifted the post it notes to cover another area. I did make a different card on a Live video that you can watch HERE to get some tips. 


Do you have a stamp set that you seem to fall back on? I didn't realize that Campology was one for me but I do find myself reaching for it time and time again! I even had to put it back earlier this week as I really do have stamps that haven't seen ink yet!

You can purchase Campology and the other supplies by clicking on the pictures below and go to my online store. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: