Monday, June 27, 2022

Hello Ladybug

Did you miss me? I can't believe how long it has been since I posted here! UGH! Spring is always super busy and this one was even more so. Belle played in 26 soccer games, Michael and I went to San Antonio for a week, confirmation, Miriam graduated college, a close friend graduated college, a couple of nephews graduated high school as well as several friends' kids, the end of the school year, and we took our week long vacation to Panama City Beach! 

Whew! With all that going on, I didn't get much stamping completed. I didn't have much time for writing up blog posts either. Please excuse me for the delay but I have got some fun cards to share with you. So let's get to it!

The Hello Ladybug bundle debuted in the January-June mini catalog and will be with the Stampin' Up!  line up until, at least next May! This first card shows all the new in colors too. From left to right they are Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis, Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party and Sweet Sorbet. Do you have a favorite yet?


The technique I used on this card is an oldie. I have to admit that it's not a favorite of mine. It's called retiform. I find it too busy for my tastes so I toned it down for my liking better. The colorful strip was a piece of Basic White when I started. I used a post it note and covered a portion of the cardstock. I then sponged the Daffodil Delight ink in that area using a blending brush. I stamped the large daisy with Daffodil Delight too. I then used two post its and covered both edges of the middle section. I put Real Red in this area with the smaller flowers. The last section is Granny Apple Green stamped with the large leaf. I used the coordinating punch for the adorable ladybug.

You can watch the Facebook Live I created with this technique HERE if you would like to see how I created a different card with the technique. 


Now I didn't come up with the idea of making the ladybug a bee but I love the idea so I had to make my own card with it. To make the bee, I punched the body from Basic Black cardstock. I cut a long strip of Daffodil Delight at 1/4" wide. I adhered the Daffodil Delight strip to the body and trimmed the excess. I repeated this two more times to create the stripes on the bee. The wings were punched from vellum.


I hope you are finding some time to create. It is good for the body, mind, and soul to be creative. When you are done creating, pop that card in the mail to make some family or friends happy too! Double duty!

The supplies for these cards are listed below. By clicking on the pictures, you will be taken to my online store where you can purchase these supplies and more.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: