Friday, July 1, 2022

Seas the Day

Seas the Day retired yesterday but I still love this set! I couldn't put it away yet. I started with Pool Party for the card base. I masked the strip in the middle of the Basic White piece with post it notes and then stamped the seaweed with Bermuda Bay. I stamped the seaweed more than once before re-inking. I then used a blending brush with Pool Party.


To create the faux water look on this card, I embossed a piece of window sheet with the Bark embossing folder (also retired now) and added it behind the top layer that has been die cut. There is a layer behind that has blended colors and the jellyfish on it. You could use the Cascading Ribbons, Painted Texture, Stripes & Splatters, or Timeworn embossing folders for the water look. HERE is the Facebook Live video that I made creating this card. 


HERE is another Facebook Live video for this next card too. This one used the masking technique. What I did was stamp the octopus on copy paper and then fussy cut it. You could use the dies but they don't get as close. I cut right on the stamped edge. I stamped the octopus on the cardstock and then laid the copy paper octopus on top of it. I then stamped the seaweed around it and removed the copy paper octopus to reveal octopus in the front of the seaweed. 


I was pretty disappointed that this set didn't make it longer with Stampin' Up! I'm very happy I own it so that I can use it whenever I feel like it!

My online store has all these goodies and so much more. You can get to my online store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: