Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Garden Birdhouses

Oh boy, another stamp set that I created with before it retired but am just now sharing. Sigh. Someday I will actually share my creations in a timely manor! I do appreciate everyone of you that still hangs out with me.

Garden Birdhouses is a delightful set. It has 3 different birdhouses, tree branch, birds, post, greetings, grass, and I'm sure other things I'm forgetting. It did not have dies or a punch but you don't need that to create great projects. I started with Highland Heather cardstock and stamped the tree branch with Highland Heather ink to create the back ground. The birdhouse was stamped and colored with blends and then fussy cut. I know! Not everyone likes to fussy cut but this is a simple, straight lined image so it took no time at all to cut out!


I used a piece of patten paper from the hostess only pack of designer series paper called Design a Daydream. I stamped the tree branch with Mint Macaron, added the birdhouse and the chain for the birdhouse and sponged some Pool Party ink around it all with a blending brush. The ribbon was colored with the dark Highland Heather blend.


HERE is a Facebook Live video where I make this last card. I started with a piece of thick Basic White cardstock that I cut to 4-1/4" x 11" and folded in half. I cut 3-1/4" off the bottom of the front of the card. You now have a piece of cardstock that is 3-1/4" x 4-1/4". Putting the 3-1/4" side up on the top of the cutter, cut this piece into 5 strips of 4-1/4" x 1/2". Cut the last little piece in half so that you have 2 pieces that are 4-1/4" x 3/8". Adhere a piece or two of low tack tape to the top flap of the card base and line up the 5  1/2" strips of cardstock to create the slats. Adhere the two 3/8" wide strips to the top of the 1/2" strips. Decorate as desired. 


Even if you don't have this stamp set, I'm sure you can find something that you can take from this post to your craft room to create with, a color combination, a layout, a technique. Go and have fun!

The supplies are listed below and will take you to my online store by clicking on one of the pictures.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Card 3:

Product List

No comments: