Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Watercolor Melon

Well, I fell off the posting wagon again. Sigh...I will keep trying but life just seems to happen and I don't always get to post. Since I last posted, Stampin' Up! has released the retiring lists. Watercolor Melon we knew would not return after Sale-a-bration but I have learned that Biggest Wish and Charming Sentiments are retiring at the end of April. Take a look and see if they are something you want to add to your stamping supplies.

Watercolor Melon was one of the choice you had during Sale-a-bration. My youngest daughter, Belle, love watermelon. I knew I would need this set for her to have and play with. She hasn't had any time to spend with me in my stamping room as of late but maybe this summer she can arrange a few hours to have fun stamping. 

I used Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green for these cards. I started this one by using a blending brush to add some Granny Apple to the background. The slices of watermelon are fussy cut after they were stamped.


The greeting is from Charming Sentiments. I fussy cut the watermelon slices and the watermelon. You wouldn't have to fussy cut the watermelon if you have the modern oval punch. I didn't at the time I created this card. I do now though!


Creating your own backgrounds can be so much fun. You can see that I stamped the watermelon on the Granny Apple Green cardstock with Granny Apple Green ink. I also created another background for the greeting and the slices by using blending brushes to put Granny Apple Green and Flirty Flamingo inks onto the Basic White cardstock. Be careful blending these colors too much. They don't make that pretty of a color together.


I hope you are still playing with those free Sale-a-bration goodies. They are available for a short time and not everyone earns the same goodies. Keep using what you have and accentuate it with some new items. Check out my online store to see what else you may want to add to your creating collection. You will find my store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: