Friday, March 1, 2024

Sending Smiles

Sending Smiles was introduced to the Stampin' Up! lineup about two years ago. I know I purchased it and even used it but I'm not sure I have used it enough. Sigh. How do you create more time and energy to do the things that you love and the things that have to be done? I guess we keep moving forward and work on what we can, when we can.

The Garden Green background was embossed with the hobnail-glass dots embossing folder. This folder is part of the Basics Embossing Folders that are available online only. I love these folders and highly recommend adding them to your arsenal.


I'm not so sure about this card. In my head it was really beautiful and stunning. In reality, it looks like corn stalks to me. You can win them all. I think this layout with another color, other than Crushed Curry, would work well. You can see the cross hatch embossing folder that is also part of the Basics Embossing Folders.


I used a technique called faux silk on this card. Start by cutting a piece of tissue paper about the size that you want for the card. Stamp the desired images onto the tissue paper. Crumple the tissue paper up and gently straighten it out. Don't smooth all the wrinkles out of the tissue paper. You want some of them. Card a piece of cardstock to the desired size of the finished project. Use a glue stick and go over the entire piece of cardstock. Lay the tissue paper over the top of the cardstock. Allow time to dry. Cut the excess tissue paper off the edges. Use as desired on project. HERE is the Facebook Live video where I make this card and a couple others with a twist to them.


I have been working through those stamp sets that I had to have and then didn't have time to use. I still have about 8 sets to work with and then I can work with the older ones again. My guess though, is that the new annual catalog will be out before I get through those sets and I will only add to that number. Oh, I need more energy!

You can go to my online store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:

Card 2:

Product List

No comments: