Friday, May 3, 2019

Lovely as a Tree


Oh my goodness! Can you even believe it? Lovely as a Tree is on the retiring list! Oh. My! I'm still in shock! I have enjoyed this set over the many years it has been in the catalog. It has been as staple in my stamping. I am going to miss this versatile set! You could make every card you ever needed with this one. But now it is time to say good-bye.

I made this card a note card so that I could use it for anything. I really like this for a sympathy card. Sympathy cards can be so hard to create, so I like to have several on hand. I used an Aqua Painter to color in the tree.


The next two cards I made into birthday cards. You could change out the sentiment and make them anything you need. 

After stamping the trees, I used sponges to add the color. I started with Cajun Craze to create a sunset like coloring. Then added the Old Olive for the ground and trees. Finally, a bit of Night of Navy for the nighttime sky.


This would make a great Christmas card with a different sentiment. I would also add a bit of Wink of Stella or glitter to the branches but that would not be necessary. This picture makes the mat behind the tree and the baker's twine look black but it is Night of Navy.


I sure am going to miss this oldie but goodie stamp set. It has been a fun set to work with. Do you have a set that you are going to miss the most?

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List
Card 2:


Product List
Card 3:


Product List

No comments: