Friday, May 31, 2019

Sweetest Thing


My daughter, Belle, talking me into buying this stamp set. I thought it was cute but wasn't sure how much I would really use it. I decided to get it anyway. I love the Designer Series paper that is part of the suite. I wanted to give a one sheet wonder a try. I haven't done a one sheet wonder in a few years. It was fun! 

I decided which paper I wanted to use for my cards. I cut the 12x12 down to 6x6. I then cut the 6x6 in half so that I had 2 3x6 pieces. The DSP for 
Card 1 is 3 pieces that are 1 by 1
Card 2 is 1 piece that is 1-1/2 by 3
Card 3 is 4 pieces of 1 by 1-1/2
Card 4 is 2 pieces of  1-1/2 by 2-1/4
Card 5 is 1 piece of 2 by 3
Card 6 is 1 piece of 3 by 3

I forgot to take a picture of the DSP after I cut it up. I did find the template on Pinterest. There are many templates to dabble with! Here is a picture of the 6 cards that I made.


I used the dies to cut the candies for the 3 squares. I also added some rhinestones on the ends of the saying. Aren't those die cut candies so cute? I love that they have embossing on them too.


The gum drops in the the candy jar were watercolored and then Wink of Stella was added to them. They look good enough to eat! I also watercolored the top and base of the candy jar. I used an Aqua Painter to pull the color from the stamped image. It added just a touch of color.


I watercolored the candy and candy jar using the ink from the stamped image. The candies are highlighted with Wink of Stella. 


I featured the DSP on this card by only adding a small sentiment with the lollipop behind it. I really like the way this one turned out!


More watercoloring on the candy jar and gummy bears on this card. I added some Wink of Stella to the gummy bears too! By the way, what do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear! Ha! I love corny jokes!


Can you guess what I did to the jelly beans on this card? Yep, watercolored using the stamped image and added some Wink of Stella! How did you figure that out?


These were fun cards to make! I look forward to doing some more one sheet wonders with some of the new Designer Series Papers that will be available June 4. Meanwhile, don't miss out on these fun papers, stamps and dies!

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:


Product List

No comments: