Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Quiet Meadows

Quiet Meadows is such a beautiful set. I have loved it from the first time I saw it. I played with it over the summer and had lots of fun creating with it. 

I started with Granny Apple Green for the card base. I stamped the large flower with Granny Apple Green ink randomly on the card base. I inked up the flower stems with Garden Green and Flirty Flamingo markers. I then huffed on the image and stamped it onto the Basic White cardstock. Color in the flowers with Granny Apple Green and Petal Pink markers. Using a ruler, mark a rectangle around the flowers lightly with a pencil. Make sure when you draw your rectangle, that some of the image is outside of the rectangle. This adds a playful element to the card. Color in the rectangle with a Basic Black marker. I drew a rectangle around the outside too to add some fun. Finish card. HERE is the Facebook Live video where I show this technique and make this card. 


I went more simple for this card and yet there is quite a bit of die cutting. The card base is Sweet Sorbet. I stamped Sketched Plaid on the Basic White layer with Memento ink. I die cut two of the scalloped rectangles and cut the one on the stitch marks. I stamped the flower and greeting with Memento ink. I did sponge a little Sweet Sorbet ink on the edges of the wings of the butterflies too.


Collage is not my strong suit. I always feel like it is too messy and not organized enough for my brain. I love seeing what others create with this technique. I'm just not very good at it. I do like how this card turned out. The word were stamped with Fresh Freesia and the splatter with Smoky Slate. I added a few Tahitian Tide splotches.


I have a feeling that this stamp set will be on the retiring list this spring. If you are interested in it, now is a good time to get it so you are ready to make some fantastic spring cards and you will be the rush! By clicking on the pictures below, you will go to my online store where you can pick this up now!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: