Wednesday, December 11, 2019

So Many Stars 2

More So Many Stars cards! Yeah! You can change the sentiments on them and they become birthday, graduation, baby, or celebration cards. You can see the first set of cards HERE.

I used our great purples (Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, and Purple Posy) to make these three cards. 

I had two epiphanies while creating this card! The first is the solid purple star on the left. I wanted a solid stamp but the set doesn't have one...or does it? It sure does! That solid image is the back side of the filigree star! I off stamped it to get a bit of a lighter color.

My second epiphany was the stamp that fills in the filigree star stamp. I wasn't sure how to use that stamp. It just didn't look right. So like the tree in Perfectly Plaid, I started to play and then it dawned on me that it would fill in the star. #simplestamping


This is a pretty basic card but so pretty! The stars in the background are stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink on Highland Heather card stock. The stars are die cut and the ribbon is tied around the Highland Heather layer. sprinkle in a couple of rhinestones and you are done. 

A tip for adhering the detailed stars. I used my silicone craft sheet and put a dap of multipurpose liquid glue on it. I use a part of a stampin' sponge to pick up that glue and then I pounced the glue on the back of the stars. They adhered down so simply and without extra glue going all over the place!


I created my water color wash background with a wet Aqua Painter. I used my glue trick for the two detailed dies too. That light purple is Purple Posy. We don't have an ink pad for this beautiful color. Stampin' Up! tried several (I believe 4 times) times to get the ink pad to be the correct color and the color kept mutating into a gray purple color so they chose to discontinue the ink pad. You can still get the card stock and marker though to use this great color! I only used the paper on this card.


My favorite color is purple so these cards are among my favorites just because they are purple! What's your favorite color?

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

Card 2:


Product List

Card 3:


Product List

No comments: