Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Calligraphy Essentials


You guessed it! Calligraphy Essentials is on the retiring list. This is a pretty script for the words. You can see that I used most of the stamps that come in this set. The one word I didn't use was Thank You, it is also written with the calligraphy looking font.

I added Swirly Frames to this card for the frame around the word. I did fussy cut the frame but really, it wasn't hard. It's just a circle! I did take some Pool Party ink with an Aqua Painter to spread out in the center of the circle for a bit of background color.


I stamped the word Smile 3 times using Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Basic Gray. I then used an Aqua Painter to pull some color from the images to fill the words in just a bit. After I had embossed the strip of Bermuda Bay, I ran the ink pad over the embossed areas to give them a bit more color too.


After I stamped the word with Bermuda Bay ink, I used an Aqua Painter and Pool Party and Bermuda Bay inks to color in "Celebrate". I tried to make it an ombre look to the word by filling in the top with Pool Party and the bottom with Bermuda Bay with a blend of both colors in the middle. 


What is one thing you can take away from these cards? A layout? The color combination? I'd be interested to hear!

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List
Card 2:


Product List
Card 3:


Product List

No comments: