Thursday, November 12, 2020

Country Home

The Country Home stamp set has been in our line up for a couple of years. You may have it or just didn't notice it. Because it's been around a while, it seems like many people forget it's on their shelves and play with the newest, latest and greatest! I know that I fall into that too. 

I still really like this set! The milk can is so fabulous! I made all three of today's cards using that milk can. I am starting out with a very feminine card. The base is Smoky Slate with Blushing Bride embossed with Tin Tile. I then sponged it with Frost White shimmer paint. It's so shiny and pretty! I did stamp the can and the flowers with Memento ink and used my Blends to color them. I then fussy cut them out.


I also wanted a fall feel to a card with this set so I pulled out my Plaid Tidings designer series paper to have a jumping off point for this card. I stamped the flowers on the Whisper White oval. The milk can was stamped separately. I colored both images with my Blends again. The milk can I fussy cut and added it to the bottom of my flowers. I did do a Facebook Live on this card. You can watch that HERE if you would like! There is a trick that I show for the plaid background!


The reason I pulled this set from my shelf was that I really wanted to do a Christmas card with it. I think this set lends itself to lots of themes and holidays. I again colored the image with my Blends. To create the background I stamped my Buffalo Check background stamp with Memento ink. I then used my ruler and my Real Red Stampin' Write marker to add the red lines. Adding the red really makes a difference on this card. I wish I would have taken a picture of the background before  I added the red. You will have to trust me on the difference it makes!


I have to admit that while this set was on my table, I created 9 different cards! Yep, I couldn't put it away. I'm not sure if you will see all the samples before Christmas though. I have a bunch of Christmas cards I want to share and these may have to wait. That will depend on how well I can keep up with writing out blog posts though too! Keep watching!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:




Product List

No comments: