Saturday, November 21, 2020

More Coming Home Christmas

I wanted to make some cards not using the designer series paper.

 I started with this adorable bug car! I seems to me it just has to be red but I'm not sure why? I had a parent of two students last year that drove a really cute light blue bug. I colored this bug with my Real Red blends markers. I also colored the tree with blends and then die cut it so that I could put it on top of the car like it was coming home to decorate. I love real trees for Christmas. I was sad when we realized that one of our daughters is allergic to pine and we couldn't get a real tree any longer. Her health is more important but I do miss that real pine tree smell.


I colored this house with Misty Moonlight because it reminds me of the house we are currently living in. I hand painted our house a few years ago. It took me all summer to do but I love the looks of it! I do need to do some touch ups on the south side of our house. Sounds like I have a summer project!

Anyway, back to the card. I embossed the Balmy Blue cardstock with the Evergreen embossing folder. Isn't this a great folder? I love how detailed this folder is. It has less embossed trees in the background and deeper embossing in the front.


I think this card would be considered simple stamping except that I used several sets of Blends to color it in. I started by punching a 2 1/4" circle from some scratch paper. I laid that circle on my Whisper White layer and sponged a little Balmy Blue ink around the outside edge of the circle. I then stamped the house, tree, light post and snowflakes, coloring in the images. I stamped, colored and die cut the wreath and adhered it to the lamp post with a dimensional. The ribbon is wrapped around and a bow added to the front of the card. Then I added the sentiment.


This is such a darling set. I hope you have looked at it and considered adding it to your collection to create with. Stampin' Up! is donating $3 of the sale of this stamp set to charities that help with adoption, fostering or infertility. It is really a great set!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List
Card 3:

Product List

No comments: