Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Mountain Air

Mountain Air was introduced to the Stampin' Up! lineup during the Spring Mini of 2020. It is a reversible stamp set. What this means in that the creator means for you to stamp with the detailed side as well as the smooth side of the stamp. You then get a detailed image and a solid image. 

I used both sides of the stamps on this first card. You can see that some of the trees have the detailed branches and others are the general shape of a tree. I love the die cut of the tree in the coordinating dies. So much fabulous details and with the new Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine, I only have to run it through once instead of two or three times to get it to cut out all the way! LOVE IT!


I only used the detailed side of the stamps to create this card. I stamped the mountains twice, once with the full strength of the ink and a second time right after for a second generation. I'm not sure Mint Macaroon is dark enough to see the line of trees in front of the mountain. I used my Water Painter with Night of Navy ink to wash the bottom of the card so that there looks to be a lake.


I love the look of this card. I created it with the sponge brayer. I picked up Daffodil Delight first and covered the top half of the Whisper White piece. I then used Pumpkin Pie and rolled that over the Daffodil Delight to create the sunset/sunrise look. I then stamped the mountains with the smooth side of the stamp so that there isn't much texture to the image. I stamped the line of trees with Night of Navy and used the sponge brayer to add some Balmy Blue ink on the top of the card front.


I have so many more ideas for this fantastic set. I'm hoping I am able to carve out some more time to stamp with it!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: