Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Christmas Gleaming

I keep thinking I have more time to share the fabulous Christmas cards I have made but then I look at the calendar and realize, I better start sharing or you're not going to see any of them!

 used the fantastic Christmas Gleaming set for these cards. This set was introduced to us last year and will be retiring on January 4 so if you are interested in this set, get it sooner than later!

I wanted to use an outside of the box colors for these cards so I used Purple Posy, Highland Heather, and Gorgeous Grape. The ornaments are punched out but the holly is fussy cut. I guess I like to fussy cut because I do quite a bit of it. The background is the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.


This was a fun card to make. I often forget about the metallic papers that we have and actually remembered to pull them from the shelf and use them! Because the foil papers are a little pricy, I cut 1/2" strips to tape to the back of the border so I wasn't hiding all that goodness. The ornaments were stamped on the border. Then I stamped them on Gorgeous Grape cardstock too and punched them out. I then adhered them to the border with dimensionals, trimming the overhangs off.


The background is embossed with Tasteful Textile embossing folder. I did heat emboss the one ornament and the greeting with gold embossing powder. Another easy way to add some WOW to your cards that I tend to forget about. The two purple ornaments are water colored.


While shades of purple may not be traditional colors for Christmas, I love the royal feel of purple and it seems appropriate to me!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: