Monday, September 27, 2021

Whiskey Business

I'm not much of a whiskey girl but I do enjoy a bourbon or two so when this set made it's debut in the catalog last year, I knew I had to have it. It such a fun set for making some great masculine cards.

The card base is Early Espresso with Misty Moonlight layered on top. The wood grain stamp is part of this set too. When I stamped it with Cinnamon Cider I didn't like how the white was so stark between the wood grains so I took my water painter and ran it over the image to blur it and pull some of the color into the "counter". The bourbon is colored with Daffodil Delight and Cinnamon Cider blends.


I created my own background with the stamps by stamping the decanter on Misty Moonlight cardstock with Misty Moonlight ink. A layer of vellum adds a softness to the card. The decanter and glass were fussy cut after they were colored with Daffodil Delight and Cinnamon Cider blends.


The technique used to create the strip on the left side of the card is called emboss resist. I started by stamping the glass several times with VersaMark ink. Then sprinkle the images with clear embossing powder and heat set. I then sponged Crushed Curry and Cinnamon Cider inks over the images. The main image glass was colored with Daffodil Delight and Cinnamon Cider blends.


Cinnamon Cider is the perfect color for bourbon but I truly struggle with other colors that go with it. I love the Misty Moonlight with it but I'm not so sure of the Crushed Curry. Let me know what you think!

Please click on the pictures below to purchase the supplies to create these and other cards from my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: