Wednesday, September 22, 2021

WLS cards

I have been missing in action again on my blog. Life has thrown me a few curve balls that I'm trying to figure out. Please forgive me while I adjust to some changes in my life and find time to write out these posts!

I had a couple of custom stamps made with a school logo. This is the school that I work at. Once I got the stamps, I wanted to make some cards for the school to use as thank you's or whatever is needed. All supplies are Stampin' Up! other than the custom stamp.

I started with thick Basic White and added a brick wall embossed layer of Garden Green. Garden Green is the closest Stampin' Up! color that is our school color. The banner and layer is Basic Black.


I stamped Birch background on Garden Green with Garden Green ink. The ribbon flags adds more flare.


This logo is for the sports teams. I was pleased with the way this card turned out. The strips of cardstock in the background add a sporty feel to this card. I die cut the focal point with the dies from Hippo & Friends dies.


This is my favorite card of the four. I stamped Stacked Stone on Garden Green with Garden Green ink. The slanted pieces started as 6x6 pieces of cardstock for the Basic White layers. Mark 1-1/2" on all for sides, rotating your cardstock a quarter turn every time. Place the cardstock on the paper trimer so that the marks line up in the cutting tray on a diagonal and cut. Take one of the pieces and place the newly cut side along the top of the paper trimmer and cut at the pencil mark. Repeat with the other piece. Do this all again with a piece of 6-1/4" x 6-1/4" piece of Basic Black. I made some cards like this on a Facebook Live. You can watch the replay HERE if you would like to see how I cut and assembled some cards like this one.


These were fun to create. I think I'm going to have some stamps made with my church's logo next and see what I can come up with for them!

The pictures below will take you to my online store so you can purchase supplies to create!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:

Product List

No comments: