Thursday, October 7, 2021

Sailing Home Scrapbook Pages

I was looking through my stamp sets to play with and this set jumped out at me that I haven't touched it in a while. I wanted to create some scrapbook pages with it too. It was a fun challenge for me.

I started with two pieces of 12 x 12 Night of Navy cardstock. The two triangular pieces are from the designer series paper pack called You're a Peach. I used this paper because I wanted to use Balmy Blue with the Night of Navy and Pumpkin Pie and this pattern is white polka dots on the Balmy Blue background. Don't be afraid to use the paper with other sets. Many patterns can coordinate with other stamp sets.


The title for these pages was die cut once from Basic white and once from Balmy Blue. The Balmy Blue one I cut into four pieces on the diagonal so that I could layer it behind the Basic White. This is a great way to extend the use of your dies when there isn't a layering die. You can also see that I stamped and die cut the sailboat, circle, rope, knot and wheel for extra embellishments. 


I created my own designer series paper by stamping the anchor with Night of Navy, Balmy Blue and Pumpkin Pie inks. I added a bit of blending inks over the top of the images so that the white wasn't so stark of a contrast from the Night of Navy background. The lighthouse, rope and knot were also die cut to add more details to the pages. 


I make a few cards with this set too while it was on my table.  I love the challenge of creating scrapbook pages with my stamps. It's not too hard anymore but it was a struggle when I first started. I learned that starting with a sketch or a layout that I like and making it mine works best for me! Give a shot or come to one of my scrapbooking classes on the third Monday of the month at 7 pm! It's a great way to get started making pages!

My online store is linked below through the pictures. Just click on one and it will take you there so you can make a purchase or two!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:

Product List

No comments: