Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Textures & Frames

The recently retired Sale-a-bration set called Textures & Frames was fun to play with. I do wish I would have had more time with this set before it retired. There is so much you can do with this set! I am sharing three samples that I was able to complete not long ago.

The Flirty Flamingo base definitely makes this card  feminine but you could change the colors and have a great masculine card too. I used the three stripe stamp to create the candle sticks and the splotches as the flames to give the appearance of birthday candles. Happy birthday is from the set called Biggest Wish. This is a true staple in any collection! It has several fantastic greetings in two different fonts to use together. There is Wink of Stella on the flames.


Here I used the rectangle and circle frames as well as the splotches to make the background. I stamped the three shapes randomly, overlapping a bit. The greeting is from Biggest Wish again.


To make this background I used a technique called ink smooching. I placed a couple of drops of re-inker on a plastic report cover. You can use parchment paper or wax paper if you don't have a report cover. Mist the ink on the plastic so that it starts to run a bit. Close the plastic and smooch the ink together. Open and added cardstock. Close the plastic again and rub on the cardstock to pick up the ink in the plastic folder. Let dry. Decorate as desired. You can watch the replay of my Facebook Live HERE


There is a stamp set in the main catalog that is called Watercolor Shapes that could make cards similar to these. I hope I was able to inspire you on some level!

To shop in my online store, you can click on the pictures below. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: