Monday, May 29, 2023

Sweet Citrus

It's Memorial Day. I pray you are remembering all those who have gone before us and served this great country with their lives. 

Sweet Citrus is a great stamp set. It has coordinating dies and embossing folder. You can do so much with this set. Let me show you a couple of ideas. 

I started off sharing a some grapefruit. While I am not a grapefruit eater, I can appreciate the colors and smells of grapefruit, just not the sour taste. I should try again, it has been a while. To create the two shades of colors on the fruit I inked up the stamp with So Saffron (which has now retired so Lemon Lolly or Daffodil Delight would work) and then add some some Calypso Coral with a sponge dauber to the image before stamping and die cutting.


Oranges are easy peasy with this set. I stamped the rinds with Pumpkin Pie and the sweet fruit with Mango Melody. (Which has also retired. Try Crushed Curry or off stamping the Pumpkin Pie instead.)


How can you create citrus cards and not make some lemons? Again these are easy as this set is a two-step set, meaning that you stamp the rinds in one color and the centers with another or the same color to create the whole fruit. I added a little Crushed Curry to the centers after they were inked with Daffodil Delight.


I will be playing with this set again soon. It was fun and easy to create some fantastic cards with this set. Summer break is starting this week (after some teacher meetings) so hopefully that will mean that I will be able to find more time to create and Facebook Lives and take pictures of and blog about all the great things I have on a more consistent basis. Including many things that have retired but I haven't shared yet. Keep watching!

You too can create awesome cards with the supplies list below. You can click on the pictures to be taken to my online store where you can purchase these and so much more.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: