Friday, May 19, 2023

Happier Than Happy

Happier Than Happy has this adorable bear, owl, and fox in the set. The coordinating dies cut them out too which is always a time saver. The designer series paper that was part of the suite was adorable too. I was surprised to see this one on the retiring list as it is so cute I thought it would be good for so many cards and other handmade items.

The designer series paper is doing most of the work for this card. I did add stamped and die cut images of the bear, tree, stump, owl, and tag. 


The Sahara Sand card base was stamped with the leaf in Sahara Sand. I added two strips of designer series paper, a couple of die cut trees, and the fabulous Mr. Fox!


I know this set has a coordinating die set with it but the out of the box partial die cutting is still a fun technique to play with. Stamp the image onto a piece of Basic White cardstock. Set the desired die over the stamped image where it should cut out. Adhere the die to the cardstock with some washi tape. Line up the edge of the top plate for die cutting to the edges of the image and run through the die cutting machine. Lightly mark the circle on the cardstock with a pencil. Cut the image out and the circle line so that the image is off the circle but the circle is still seen. You can see the video I created HERE to watch how I made this card. 


One of the things I really like about this stamp set is the shading that was incorporated into the image. I didn't have to color anything to get the dark and light spots. The stamp is designed to do that without me! While this set is no longer available, there are many other fantastic sets you could add to your stamping stash. Check them out by clicking on the pictures below and going to my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: