Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Celebrate Sunflowers

Celebrate Sunflowers is one of my all time favorite sets. I created several cards and scrapbook pages with this set and the coordinating dies. I was pretty sad when it was on the retiring list. I get why we need the turn over and make room for new and the next favorites but this set really bummed me. I will be holding on to this set for a while so that I can continue to create with it for personal use. 

These cards are made with a technique called faux wood burning. It's an easy technique but not every stamp set is made for this technique in my opinion.


Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso are the color choices for these cards. You also need watercolor paper. Stamp the image with Early Espresso ink onto watercolor paper. With a water painter, pull the ink from the image across the paper. You may need to add more ink by picking it up with the water painter and brushing it onto the watercolor paper.


You can re-stamp the image if you used a stampatraus so that the image is directly on top of the first image after the paper has dried. You can watch the Facebook Live video I made HERE to see exactly how I created these cards. 


What stamps would you use to play with this technique? I will have to look through the catalog and see what current set could be fun to have a faux wood burning done with it.

You can purchase the supplies for these cards by clicking on the pictures below to go to my online store. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

No comments: