Friday, April 12, 2024

Hope & Prayer

I love when Stampin' Up! has religious stamp sets. They really speak to my heart and I always have to buy them. I will admit to buying a few sets that I didn't love but they had something that I liked.

Hope & Prayer will be retiring at the end of the month so I had to play a little with it. I started this one with thick Basic White cardstock and added a few deckled edged rectangles for layers. The plaid layer is stamped with Sketched Plaid and then I added lines with my Gorgeous Grape marker and a ruler.


This card is called a split panel card. There are two ways to make it. The way I did it was to cut the card base to 4-1/4" x 6-3/4". Score this cardstock at 5-1/2" and fold it on the score line. I cut another piece of Basic Black to 4-1/4" x 3" for the bottom of the card front. Cut a window sheet at 5-1/4" x 4". Adhere this to the top flap of the card base. Adhere the 4-1/4" x 3" black cardstock to the bottom of the window sheet. I added some designer series paper to the top of the window sheet. These pieces are cut at 4" x 2-3/4" for the bottom and 4" x 1" for the top. I used a light pencil mark to mark where the opening is on the card front so that I could stamp the greeting in that space. HERE is the video from Facebook where I make this card. 


I really love the way this card turned out. It may help that purple is my favorite color. The strip behind the focal image was stamped with the leafy image with Gorgeous Grape ink to create the weave pattern. The dove is colored with Wink of Stella and is very pretty. 


I am working through some retiring sets and trying to get them shared with you before they are not available. Hope & Prayer is one of those sets. You can find others in my online store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: