Monday, April 15, 2024

Lighting the Way

Fireflies have such great memories for me. I remember catching them and collecting them in jars as a child. Then my own children did that too. We always let them go at the end of the night but it was fun to watch them light up and chase them around the yard. I was thinking about this when I created this first card. Isn't it so sweet?


This is a fun fold card. It's called floating panel. The card base is Starry Sky. I cut it at 4-1/4" x 8-1/2" and scored at 2-1/8" and 5-1/2". Cut two panels for the front of the card at 1-7/8" x 5-1/4". I embossed my panels. Then you will need two pieces of cardstock cut at 2" x 1/2". These are the pieces that will make the panel float. You can use any color cardstock fo these pieces but I like to use the same color as the back of the floating panel. Fold these strips in half. Glue half down on the card base, on either side of the fold line on the front of the card. Glue the other half to the back of the main image. Adhere the decorative panels to the front of the card. Finish as desired. HERE is a Facebook Live video where I make a card like this one. 


The coordinating dies for this set has this fantastic lantern. I stamped the small circle in Lemon Lolly and sponged some extra ink around it so that when I adhered the lantern to the top, it looked like it was glowing. I have some Wink of Stella on the light and the fireflies.


This is one of the many fantastic sets that is retiring at the end of April. Go to my online store by clicking on the pictures below to add these amazing sets to your stamping repertoire before they are gone and hard to find. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: