Tuesday, April 9, 2024

In the Moment

I am going to try to share all the cards that I have made with stamps that are retiring soon. This set, In the Moment, is on the retiring list. I did get this set free for attending a conference that Stampin' Up! put on but I can't say that I feel in love with it. Don't get me wrong, I like the images but I wasn't sure it was really something I loved. Therefore, it took me a while to ink this set up. Once I did, I have enjoyed coloring these images.

This card was colored with blends. I have learned to color the edges with the dark color, go over with the lighter color, and then add some details with the dark color again. This really gives me the different shading in my images.


The windows are done with a technique called white washing. I did it a little different than the traditional way. Traditionally, you stamp the image with VersaMark ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and sprinkle with white embossing powder. Heat set. Color the image with Whisper White ink and a bit of water. I embossed my image with black embossing powder. I only wanted the window to have the "frost" look on them. When you emboss with white powder, it does have a different look so maybe I just did it wrong and need to try again. Hmmm...sounds like a plan! If you would like to see the Facebook Live video I where I make this card, you can click HERE to see that. 


I colored this last card with watercolor pencils. I didn't use a water painter to go over the color to blend it more but you could if you wanted to. It would take some of the lines away that using colored pencils leave behind. I didn't mind the lines as I wanted to show the sunset and its blended colors.


The best way to see what is retiring and what is staying is to check out the Stampin' Up! store. You can find my store by clicking on the pictures below. If you are not working with a demonstrator already, and would like a copy of the new catalog, please let me know and we can figure out the best way to get a copy to you.

Happy Stampin'!

photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: