Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Rooted in Nature Prom Invitations

For those of you that have followed me, you know that I was creating 220 prom invitations for the high school my children attend. One of the traditions of the high school is that ever junior and senior get an invitation to the prom. These invitations are to be hanging on the kids' lockers when they return to school after spring break. Well, like so many other things, prom was postponed and then cancelled. I had the invitations ready to go and still have them at my house.

When I was deciding on what these invitations should look like, I worked with Soft Suede and Pear Pizzazz as the base colors. I couldn't decide which one I liked better so I did 110 of each!


Here's a better picture of the Soft Suede base.


This is the Pear Pizzazz base. I stamped the tree rings from Rooted in Nature stamp set and fussy cut them. They really weren't too bad as they are pretty circular. The leaves and flowers were all stamped on vellum and die cut. The flowers are from the now retired stamp set Beautiful Bouquet.


Here you can see how this invitation opened up. The leaves, flowers and tree ring is on a swing arm. The inside has all the information about when and where and the theme of the prom this year. I stamped the leaves and flower along the edge.


These were fun to create but they were pretty putsy for 220 of them! I had some help doing the die cutting which made them a bit easier to put together.

I now have 220 of these still in my house as this event was fully cancelled. I will be pulling the insides, and adding new middles with nothing but the leaves and flowers on them.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:

Product List

No comments: