Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Enjoy the Moment

I have to admit that when this stamp set was sent to me as a gift from Stampin' Up!, I was disappointed. I didn't really like the set and didn't know what I would create with it. I had to leave it on my table for a while and think and contemplate. Then I moved the set to my bookshelf that I keep all my sets on. Then I finally pulled it and forced myself to create something, anything with this set. 

I started by clear block stamping. I inked up my blocks with Soft Succulent ink and spritzed the block with some water. I then stamped the block on my cardstock. After the water and ink were dry, I stamped the poppy seed pod over the top. I did a Facebook Live with clear block stamping and markers. This is how I did the background except I used an ink pad instead of markers. You can watch that HERE if you would like to. 


This is a book fold card. That means that the left sided of this card is adhered to the inside of the card, giving it a book look to the card. The poppy seed pods are stamped in the background with Soft Succulent ink. The lotus pods are stamped with Evening Evergreen ink. I love these two colors together!


Emboss resist is the technique that I was working with on this card. I did a Facebook Live making this card that you can see HERE. I started with the poppy seed pod with Evening Evergreen ink. I then stamped the sweet gum tree pods with VersaMark ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I then added the lotus pods and seed. I then used a blending brush and added ink over the embossed sweet gum tree pods so they would be highlighted a bit more. 


While this will never be a favorite set for me, I'm very happy with what I was able to create with a set that was not inspiring to me. I think I even have a few more ideas for this set! Guess I will have to find the time to play with it again soon!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: