Friday, May 21, 2021

Evergreen Forest

I wanted to make some easy and fast Christmas cards. I like working on Christmas throughout the year. I have less stress when I do! The cards are all ready for me to sign, address and mail during the crazy advent season when there is so much to accomplish!

I pulled out Evergreen Forest embossing folder and played with inking the folder up. I started with inking the raised side of the folder up and got this impression. The ink wasn't only on the raised portion but got on the flat surface of the folder. I did try to wipe it off but I couldn't get it all. Not a bad look but not clean either. 


Trying again, I inked up the embossed side of the folder. This is the side with the Stampin' Up! logo on it. I really like how Garden Green makes the white pop.


To change things up just a bit, I used Pacific Point for this card. The dark color helps the trees really stand out from the paper. 


For a bit more subtle look, I went with Seaside Spray. While this color is retired, you could use Balmy Blue and get a similar look.


You can see how Balmy Blue looks on this last card. 


Which color is your favorite? What color are you going to try? These wouldn't have to be Christmas cards either.  A birthday greeting and these would be fabulous masculine cards. You may want to ditch the bows for masculine cards. Just a knot could be perfect!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Cards 1 & 2:




Product List

No comments: