Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Campology and Northern Lights

I have never done the Northern Lights technique before and once I started playing with it I made a few cards! This technique is really quit simple but it can be messy and there is a bit of a learning curve to it. Be patient with yourself and see how you can "fix" any "mistakes".

This was the first one that I made. I think I got the ink too dark and needed to have a lighter hand. I also realized that I sponged the edges before I stamped the trees and I needed to stamp first so that I knew how much ink to put on the edges. I did cut this background down a bit and then stamped the trees on Pacific Point with Pacific Point ink.


This one I did learn to stamp before sponging the edges and I like it better than the first. My learning curve! I took my chalk marker and added "stars" to the northern lights but I didn't like that. They just look like little dots to me. The die cut tree is from the Mountain Air dies.


To make these cards I started with a piece of Basic White cardstock. I sponged Daffodil Delight first, followed by Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry and Night of Navy. The "extra" colors between these are the blending effects of colors joining together. Isn't that an awesome bonus?


I changed up the colors a bit for this last card. I wanted a little bit lighter card so I started with So Saffron and added Costal Cabana, Just Jade, Highland Heather and Night of Navy. 


To create the northern lights look, sponge the colors on the cardstock in a streaky fashion. Sponge a dark color on the edges (I like Night of Navy). Finish card. You can watch my Facebook Live HERE if you need a few more tips and instructions.

Don't forget to click on the pictures below to go to my online store for a little retail therapy!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:





Product List

No comments: