Monday, August 9, 2021

Die Cuts as Stencils

Die cuts are beautiful and really make a card or layout stand out from the rest but have you ever thought about using those die cuts as stencils? I have picked a couple of dies to share with you how they may look when you use them as stencils.

This die has retired but I'm sure you can find another! These are the Ornate Border dies. I cut the die from a piece of Basic White cardstock and then laid it on the Basic White for my card. I used some washi tape to hold it in place. I inked up the stencil with sponge daubers to get the multi-colored image. I did make a Facebook Live creating this card that you can watch HERE


I wanted to try the Sunflower dies as a stencil. This die didn't work quite the way I had imagined but I was able to make it work. I sponged Bumblebee for the petals and Crumb Cake in the center. After I moved the stencil, I wasn't real happy with the centers so I added a bit more Crumb Cake to the centers for a more color.


I had to use the Artistic dies as a stencil too! I sponged Polished Pink, Mango Melody and Granny Apple Green on the stencil to create this beautiful card. 


I had to be careful with the die cuts that I didn't put too much ink on them in one area and that they didn't shift too much. I did keep the die cuts and I'm planning on making cards from them too. Be watching for those to make a debut here!

You can shop in my online store by clicking the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: