Wednesday, May 16, 2018

High tide 1


The stamp set High Tide debuted last spring in the Occasions mini. I was able to play with it last spring as well and never got to write the post to go with the cards. Here are 3 of the cards that I created using this great set!

This first one uses the colors Smoky Slate and Mint Macaron.  The striped background paper has retired sadly but I think there is some black striped paper you could use instead. The strip of Mint towards the bottom of the card creates some texture on the card. I cut the cardstock to the size that I needed and then I rubbed along the edge of a bone folder to breakdown the fibers. I then pulled the paper in half to get the texture of the middle of the paper. This is called faux suede!


This stamp set really allows you to create a scene if you would like to. I make this cute little coast line. I used Wink of Stella to pull the color off the stamped image of the water and to give it a little sparkle.


You don't have to have a lighthouse in your scene if you don't want to. There are some great birds in this set also! The water on this card was created by using an Aqua Painter to pull the color from the stamped images and then I used Wink of Stella to make it sparkle!


I used Mint Macaron in all of these cards. Mint Macaron retired last spring as it was an In Color. It is making its way back into our core families of color! I am looking forward to using it more! Now I have to dig it out of my storage area!

Supplies:


Product List

No comments: