Monday, May 28, 2018

Loyal and True Pages


Happy Memorial Day! 

Honoring the men and women that have given the ultimate sacrifice is a privilege.  I hope you have all taken the time to say a prayer for the families that have to deal with the loss of their loved one.

My dad served in Vietnam and my brother fought in Iraq. I made these pages so I could add some pictures that we captured at the farewell and homecoming of my brother's service in 2004 and 2005.


The camo strips I created by rubbing several different ink pads against a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. I did these pages last summer so let me see if I can remember the colors that I used. I am pretty sure that it's Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Old Olive and Always Artichoke. I put the color on the cardstock by rubbing the ink pads directly to the paper. I then crumbled up the paper and added more colors directly to the paper making sure the creases were highlighted.


After I had all the color on the cardstock, I cut it into stripes and adhered them to the sides of the layout. The stripes get thinner and thinner as they go to the middle of the page. The stars and other stamped images add the finishing touches.


Do you have hero's in your family? Creating pages for them is an important thing to do!

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:


Product List

No comments: